How Can We Help You?
- To speak to a computer specialist
- To purchase computers
- With questions on your specific situation
Get Specials & Tips
Motherboard Replacement in Maryland
Baltimore | Ellicott City | Columbia | Annapolis
Are you looking for expert motherboard replacement in Maryland—across Baltimore, Ellicott City, Columbia?
DSR Inc is your local source for professional computer repair & replacement services, as well as business network installation & management, network hardware & software, and other network & computer accessories.
Alternatively, you can just call us at 410-579-4508.
Systemboard Replacement Services
Your systemboard is the central hub of your computer. It contains many of the crucial “brain” functions of your machine, while also serving to connect all of your peripherals.
If your computer is having an issue with its motherboard, your device will effectively cease to run. A professional technician at DSR can diagnose your problem and let you know whether, repair, motherboard replacement, systemboard replacement, or an entirely new machine is the most efficient solution.
In many cases, replacing a motherboard will be expensive. Not only is it a delicate process, but the actual hardware is pricey since it is essentially the bulk of your computer’s computational processes. However, in certain circumstances, a technician can remove and reuse the most costly elements of your motherboard (like the CPU, or processor).
Basic Elements of a Motherboard
Below is an overview of the typical parts of any motherboard replacement:
- Processor: Otherwise known as the CPU (Central Processing Unit), this tiny chip does some of the heaviest lifting in the computational work of your computer. Today, we are mostly talking about multiple chips (dual-, quad-, or more-core) connected in tandem.
- Memory: This form of memory is known as the RAM (Random Access Memory) and functions as, essentially, the working memory of your computer.
- Main Power Connector: Is the energy supply for your computer. It takes the energy from your power unit, and filters it through to the various other parts and peripherals.
- Expansion Card Slots: These spaces are reserved for various extra peripherals.
- Peripherals: Today most motherboards have integrated peripheral slots. Basically, this allows you to plug your mouse, keyboard, USB, Ethernet, sound card, optical disk drives, and other such elements directly into your new motherboard replacement in Maryland.
Along with these separate devices, your motherboard contains chips that interface between these devices, as well as the clock generator which produces the clock signal (synchronizing every element in your system). Most motherboards also contain heat sinks to keep them cool give the amount of electric processing that goes through the board.
Computer Repair Services and Fees
$75 (fee is waived when estimate for parts/labor is authorized)
Labor Rate for Out of Warranty Hardware Repairs
$120 (flat rate) plus applicable parts
While You Wait Service
$75 plus any applicable labor/parts charges (Your computer will be diagnosed and if the required parts are in stock or if it is a software related issue then we will fix your computer while you wait)
Software Related Repairs
$100 per hour with a 30 minute minimum charge
Hard Drive Data Transfer
$50 minimum (based on amount of data transferred)
Hard Drive Backup to CD or DVD
$100 CD up to 750MB
Each Additional CD’s $20
$150 DVD <4.7GB
Each Additional DVD $40
How Can DSR Help You?
For motherboard replacement in Maryland, computer repair and network services, DSR are your Maryland source for expertise, experience, and ease. We can fix your technology problems to get your computer systems working again, quickly and affordably. We let you get back to business, frustration free.
If you are ready for our repair services, please use our contact form or dial (410) 579-4508