- To speak to a computer specialist
- To purchase computers
- With questions on your specific situation
Get Specials & Tips
Toshiba Laptop Repair in Maryland
Baltimore | Annapolis | Columbia | Glen Burnie
Do you need your Toshiba laptop repaired in Maryland?
DSR specialists are ready to fix your Toshiba notebook and have it up and running near Baltimore, Annapolis, Columbia, Ellicott City, Hanover, Severna Park, Laurel, Elkridge, Glen Burnie, Gaithersburg, Rockville, or anywhere else in the state.
Whether your laptop has experienced physical damage, a nasty drink spill, a habit of slow performance, the blue screen of death, a case of random shutdowns, or some sort of virus, we’ve got you covered.
This page details Toshiba repair for your laptop and aids your determination to fix it yourself or expert assistance.
Is Your Toshiba Laptop Repair Under Warranty?
Toshiba will often offer warranties on laptop purchases. If you are covered by a care plan or warranty from Toshiba, you may be exmpt from paying for the fix out of pocket.
If you’re not sure about whether your laptop is under warranty or not, click here for a free Toshiba warranty check.
Even when not under warranty, DSR is able to provide support and repairs. Either way, we recommend that you save costs by becoming aware of your situation. It is also helpful to recognize the problem, so let’s talk about troubleshooting.
Toshiba Repair Troubleshooting
Step one to fixing your laptop is identifying the problem.
Is your software the problem or is it hardware?
Software includes files, applications, and the operating system.
The hardware consists of the physical components of your notebook.
Toshiba Software Malfunctions:
If you’re thinking that your complication stems from a problem unrelated to the physical hardware of your laptop, a strategic approach to Toshiba laptop repair can help to further specify the issue.
Typical Software Errors Include:
- Operating System (Windows) Faults
- Viruses or Malware Contraction
- Program Throwing Exceptions
- Registry Errors
- Driver Conflicts
Before seeking the experts, try these recommendations:
- Revert any recent changes in hardware or software
- Close other open programs to free up RAM
- Uninstall then reinstall the software
- Shut down then restart your laptop
- Search for software updates
- Restart the software
- Scan for viruses
Toshiba Hardware Malfunctions:
If all software is functioning properly, the probably cause of your problem is hardware.
Nine types of hardware are:
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) – processes computer functions
- Motherboard – facilitates communication between other components
- Hard disk – stores all of the data and files accesible
- Memory (RAM) – temporarily stores data used by software
- Optical disk – DVD or CD ROM drive
- Keyboard and Mouse – collects input and executes navigation
- Monitor – the visual output perceived by the user
- Casing – the outer shell that protects your laptop
- Fan – maintains the thermal range required for proper function
Your every day hardware problems impacting laptops are overheating, hard disk failures, monitor malfunctions, and others. To avoid doing further damage to other components of your machine, it is recommended that you have an expert examine the status of your laptop rather than tinkering with it unprepared.
Call for Expert Toshiba Laptop Repair
If you need service in Maryland near Howard County, Montgomery County, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, or Prince George’s County, use our contact form or dial (410) 579-4508 to get your laptop repaired today.
DSR Has Never Let Us Down…“We have been using DSR Computers exclusively as our source for new computers and network maintenance since we started in 1995. They have never let us down. They’re always there when we need them and help reduce the stress associated with technology malfunctions.I whole-heartedly recommend them to my colleagues frequently and will continue using them as long as we’re doing business.”
Roger McAurthur, Glen Burnie, MD
Go back to the main Computer Services page