Wondering whether you should upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7?
If you’re a business, the short answer is yes. Immediately.
But why should you upgrade? What are the benefits of Windows 7 vs. Windows XP, and what are the risks of not upgrading as soon as possible?
If you or your company have not upgraded from Windows XP, read this article to learn why the time to switch to Windows 7 or Windows 8 is now.
Have questions about upgrading your organization’s operating system to Windows 7 or beyond?
Call 410-579-4508 for a free consultation with a Windows migration expert, or ask us a question online.
The Top 3 Reasons You Should Upgrade From Windows XP Right Now
On April 8th, 2014, Microsoft will officially end support for the Windows XP operating system. After this date, the vast majority of PC hardware manufacturers will no longer produce computer models that support XP. Not to mention, many software vendors will likely not provide support or upgraded versions for their products.
So what does this mean for organizations that haven’t made the switch yet? Here are three benefits for upgrading your operating system right now.
1) Prevent Major Security & Compliance Risks
April 8th, 2014 will be a field day for hackers.
The end of Microsoft support means that XP users will no longer receive security updates and patches that ward off the latest information security threats. With over 40% of desktops still running XP, online criminals will instantly have the ability to attack a massive number of PC systems.
If you do not upgrade soon, your organization’s secure information will be at risk for:
- Denial-Of-Service (DDOS) attacks
- Data Theft
Just one successful attack can cause business-crippling downtime for your organization.
Still thinking of putting off your migration? Bear in mind that analysts estimate a successful migration to Windows 7 takes an average of 12-18 months for an organization to complete. If you haven’t started the migration process yet, you’re already running late. Act accordingly.
2) Refresh Your PC Technology To Improve Productivity
Windows XP was an excellent operating system for its time. However, recent advancements in computing technology have changed the needs of the end users, both on the business and consumer level.
As manufacturers and product developers end support for XP, new benefits are being built in specifically for the latest Windows operating platforms. Here are just a couple of the benefits of upgrading your technology with a migration away from Windows XP:
- Multi-Device Compatibility – Staying competitive in the Mobile Era means having both mobile and stationary devices connected for your employees, and making that data easily accessible across each platform. Windows 7 and 8 make it easy to share your files on any device, whether it’s a tablet, mobile phone, or desktop PC.
- Cloud Technology Integration – You no longer have to rely on your hard drive to store all your files. Microsoft SkyDrive and other cloud-based file storage tools allow you to access your files from anywhere, and simplifies collaboration between employees.
If you’ve been putting off an upgrade to your existing hardware systems and software, a Windows migration is the perfect opportunity to completely refresh your PC technology.
3) Save Money On IT Management Costs
Despite the initial cost of implementation, Windows 7 migrations have been proven to save companies an impressive amount on IT costs. A study by Forrester Consulting revealed estimated an average return-on-investment for a Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade to be approximately $2,124,299 over three years.
Here are a few of the areas you stand to save big by migrating to Windows OS 7 or above:
- OS Stability & Reliability – Tired of handling endless support tickets? Switching to a Windows 7 can save IT help desks an average of 2½ calls per machine, thanks to its greater stability and advanced user troubleshooting system.
- Greater Ease of Deployment – Forrester estimates that a Windows 7 upgrade can cut the amount of time it takes to get a new PC up and running in half. Plus, fewer updates for your existing software means more uptime and productivity for employees.
- Improved IT Efficiency – Windows 7 and 8 feature a wide range of upgrades that improve operational efficiency. From enhanced mobility support to savings on bandwidth and power costs, companies stand to profit from a more agile IT environment when they upgrade now.
The potential savings make upgrading from Windows XP capabilities a no-brainer for any IT department.
The Easiest Way To Upgrade From Windows XP to Windows 7
If you’ve decided it’s time to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 and up, DSR-Inc can help. DSR has helped businesses and organizations get the right computer technology solutions for their needs since 1986.
With DSR, you receive personalized consultation to ease your Windows OS transition. Rest easy while our team of experienced Windows specialists guides you gently through the upgrade process. Get your upgrade done in time to keep your data secure, and save time and money
Plus, DSR’s exclusive relationships with leading computer solutions providers mean you get the perfect solutions for your organization at a price that’s right for your budget. Here are just a few of the companies we partner with:
Contact DSR Today
Ready to start your upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7? Get started by calling 410-579-4508 or click here to request a free, no-obligation consultation today.
We look forward to showing you how upgrading from Windows XP can save you money and accelerate your organization’s productivity.
Return to the DSR-Inc Homepage